Below we provide information about the security and privacy of the Pedparts web site. We want all our customers to be confident using our site, particularly the use of personal information.
The Data Protection Principles
Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice. They say that data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- not kept longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about the individual. It also includes information regarding the intentions of the data controller towards the individual, although in some limited circumstances exemptions will apply. With processing, the definition is far wider than before. For example, it incorporates the concepts of 'obtaining', holding' and 'disclosing'.
Use of Personal Information
- We will never send unsolicited email and we will only send you information about our services if requested by you to do so.
- We will not disclose information regarding our customers to third parties unless the customer has first given their consent.
- Information collected about the client is used only for the provision of our services to the customer. This information is not used for any other purpose.
- If you have any concerns about privacy matters please contact us
- Our system automatically collects your IP address. If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 126.96.36.199. This information is stored in our database log and may be referred to in case of any dispute.
We use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. However, by disabling cookies, or certain types of cookie, you may hinder your user experience on this and other websites, or prevent them from working entirely.
Currently we use the following cookies and we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage.
Google Analytics – we use this to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service.
As is true with most websites, our server will automatically log data regarding each visit such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We may use this information to monitor server errors, server administration or to monitor visitor behaviour. It is not possible for this to be disabled on a per-user basis so you must leave this website if you do not agree to this happening.
You can review the Data Protection Principles at Information Commissioner.